Lyrics... seriously do yourself a favor and read the lyrics of your favorite song. Yes the beat is tight. But come on yall, demand more from your M.C.'s.
Fruity Loops... This has a lot of kids thinking they are musicians cuz they can loop a beat together. NOPE! If you dont know the difference between treble & bass clef, or know how to play a chord, or switch octaves, you are NOT a musician.
Fergie... How did a RAP group that started with Ruthless Records end up with a blonde haired, blue eyed white girl at the front? Does any one even remember the members not named fergie or Will I Am? Go back and listen to "Joints & Jams".
Snap Music... dont get me wrong I love the ATL. I can listen to Outkast, Goodie MOB, Cool Breeze and Ludacris all day. But a lot of thier pat-nuhs need to step up the lyrics. Yeah I want to dance too but remember when M.C.'s would make you dance and have lyrics? Heavy D... Big Daddy Kane...Kwame.
Athletes who rap... Shaq, Kobe, AI, Ron Artest, Roy Jones Jr. Need I say more?
Female M.C.'s... Yeah I said it. Name a female rapper that isn't talkin about making a Sprite disapear in her mouth or put'n it in ya face or aint no pussy better than mine on every other song. Where are the Lauryn Hills, MC Lyte's & Latifah's?
YOU... Yup you. Every time you buy that Auto Tuned bull shyt cuz the beat is hot, every time you call the radio station for Fergalicious, every time you bump "I could make a mil sayin nothin on the track"...you are killin Hip Hop. You are feeding the demand for more Bull Shyt.
Go bump some Talib Kweli, Common, Papoose, Joell Ortiz,Nas or the legendary Roots Crew. Next time you hear some Hip Hop PLEASE listen to the lyrics. Dont pay these fools to say nothing on the track or mess up an old school song.
Back in the day when your lyrics sucked you were boo'd off stage. Bring Hip-Hop back.
Amen

No comments:
Post a Comment